Monday, July 18, 2011

A sloooooow Monday

Exhausted today, so spent most of the day in bed asleep.  Work? Oh, yes.  Not today thank you.  Some unpleasantness on Friday, which seemed to portend badly.  At least I think I could get a job at my nearest chocolate shop... apparently after 2 years you stop wanting to devour the chocolate.  I'd have to go to the gym twice a day if I did that. Anyway, it seems talk of our demise was exaggerated.  But it sure got me thinking and not all of it was nice!

Watching Pride and Prejudice again.  How many times can it be viewed consecutively and it not become habit-forming, I wonder?  Have I asked that before?  Is that bad blogging, to not know what you've asked/said before?  Probably, but never mind.  We are practising self-kindness here at RTW.  It may or may not be kind to be 2/3 of the way through a 200g block of Cadbury's Fair Trade. That's the non-vegan bit in my diet that I'm struggling to shake.  Anyway. I think it may be time to stop as I feel sick!

I wanted to share this quilt with you... isn't it fab?  Nichola has posted it on her blog, and I want one!  Have I mentioned I was born in England?  Though I've been here many years now, England will always feel like home.  I dare say if I moved back there it would feel strange for a while and I'd miss Australia, so I suppose I'm in the happy position of having two homes!   My feelings are sentimental and nostalgic, but I know there's a sense of belonging that I will probably never have here in my adopted land.  So, it's probably time to show it on my bed, yeah?   Imagine doing this in Liberty prints?  I do like the faded Union Jack on the RHS, second from the top - you'd have to put one of those in somehow. 



I've only made one quilt so far - a strip quilt with a rather unfortunate ruffle around the outside that I keep meaning to take off.  I have also bought Alicia's Ollalieberry Icecream quilt pattern, and I even have the batting/wadding for it.  But I haven't yet assembled fabrics I already have (which would be a nice basis for the quilt), and couldn't see nice quilt fabrics at Spotlight a while back when they had a sale.  I really need to get to GJs on Sydney Road... Boy, do they have quilt fabrics.  One day!

Ok, just a couple more pieces of chocolate, thank you!

Good night, and I hope you are all well.
J x

No comments:

Post a Comment